Fixed-Fee Legal Services
Comprehensive Legal Solutions. no surprise bills
Our fixed fee legal services are designed to provide business owners at every stage of their enterprise with certainty that all of their legal bases are covered, and predictability when it comes to the cost of legal protection & compliance.
Whether you want to lock down a business or product name before someone else beats you to it; secure ownership of your creative content; implement a suite of essential contracts to set and enforce boundaries, protect your profits, limit your legal liability, and signal professionalism to your clients; launch a new business venture; or conduct a marketing compliance audit to ensure your campaigns, contests, and copy are compliant with FTC and other regulations – we’ve got you covered.
We provide both a la carte and bundled solutions on a fixed-fee basis. Every service is custom tailored to the unique needs of the business.
Ready to implement comprehensive legal protections with ultra-fast turnaround times and no surprise 5-figure legal bills at the end of the month? Schedule your strategy call today to SEE if we’re the right fit for your business!
CONTRACT DRAFTING: THE PROCESS
1) Initial Strategy Session: We will meet via Zoom to discuss your business and the details of the contract(s) to be drafted or modified. Following this call, we will provide a definitive quote for the creation of new agreements or the amendment of your current contracts.
2) Payment and Onboarding: Once you elect to move forward, we’ll send you our service agreement and invoice for payment prior to commencement of our work. In many cases, drafting a new contract is far superior and more cost effective than attempting to fix a significantly deficient existing one. (Deciphering what the drafter meant, finding issues, and making corrections while staying within a non-ideal document structure is both time-consuming and will result in a lower quality final product than one custom-crafted for your particular business and offer from the start).
3) Information Gathering: Once the contract is signed and the invoice is paid, we’ll send you an email with a questionnaire and/or request for documents and further information about your business.
4) Drafting and Review: Upon receipt of the requested information, we will draft your documents and schedule a Zoom meeting to go over the drafts in detail. We will make notes of changes to be made, and the final versions will be prepared following this meeting.
5) Additional Revisions: Should further revisions be necessary, your fixed fee includes one additional round of complimentary revisions, provided that they can be completed within 1.5 hours of attorney time and are requested within 7 days of your receipt of our drafts.
1) Initial Strategy Session: We will meet via Zoom to discuss the trademark you would like to register, determine the number of classes needed based on the products and services protected by the mark, and do a quick knockout search of the USPTO database to verify that the mark has not already been registered. Following this call, we will provide a definitive quote for the conducting of the comprehensive clearance search and the filing of your trademark application.
2) Payment and Onboarding: Once you elect to move forward, we’ll send you our service agreement and invoice for payment prior to beginning our work. Our initial invoice covers the first stage in the process: the performance of a comprehensive clearance search and attorney opinion letter evaluating the likelihood of a successful registration, as well as any potential infringement concerns or potential limitations on your use based on one or more preexisting common law trademarks.
3) Final Payment and Specimen Gathering: You will be given a chance to review our report and assessment of the risk of filing, and to schedule a follow-up call to discuss any questions or concerns. If you elect to move forward, we will invoice you for the filing of your application and send you a list of questions / requests for information to complete the filing.
4) Filing of Trademark Application With the USPTO: Upon receipt of the payment due, along with the requested information necessary to complete the application, we will complete the filing and keep you in the loop as your case progresses through the USPTO.
1) Initial Strategy Session: We will meet via Zoom to discuss the content you would like to protect, and determine what additional services you may need to register your work (such as any written assignment agreements required by the Copyright Office as a mandatory condition of filing) or as additional ways of protecting your content and business (such as copyright pages for books; copyright notices for websites and digital assets; etc). Following this call, we will provide a definitive quote for the services you select. Bulk registrations receive a significant discount.
2) Payment and Onboarding: Once you signal your intent to move forward, we’ll send you our service agreement and invoice for payment prior to beginning our work.
3) Information Gathering: Once the contract is signed and the invoice is paid, we’ll send you an email with a questionnaire and/or request for documents (including a copy of the work to be deposited with the Library of Congress) and further information needed for a successful application.
4) Drafting and Review: Upon receipt of the requested information, we will prepare and submit your application and deposit copy to the Copyright Office. We will contact you as necessary should the examiner have questions about your application or request changes. Once your work is registered, you will receive a copyright certificate to the address you provide for communications.
Business Check-Ups, Audits + Strategy Sessions
As enterprises grow and evolve, so do their legal needs.
To help our clients stay ahead of legal issues, we offer a full suite of legal audits + strategy sessions designed to illuminate blind spots and uncover potential problems before they turn into costly legal matters or magnets for client disputes that can severely impact profits and the reputation of the business.
If you’re still working with the contracts you got from your business coach or biz bestie when you started years ago, or you’re having recurring issues with clients such as chargebacks and missed payments, OR you have yet to secure the IP rights to a brand that is starting to experience significant growth, consider booking one of our comprehensive audit services:
GENERAL BUSINESS CHECK-UP
Focusing on the overall legal health of your organization, this service begins with a thorough review of your business model, offers, and relevant records. Once we’ve identified potential liabilities and gaps in your processes / compliance / documentation, we’ll work with you on prioritizing issues and tasks – usually addressing those creating the highest legal exposure first. We’ll put everything into a detailed report containing a summary of our findings and a concrete step-by-step action plan to implement our recommendations.
IP AUDIT / BRAND STRATEGY SESSION
This service is designed to help you identify, prioritize and protect your most valuable assets: your intellectual property. We’ll dive deep into your brand, content and operations to identify and prioritize what needs to be protected. At the end of the process, you will get your own IP Black Book, containing your comprehensive IP strategy custom-tailored to your business and brand objectives, with specific steps to protect your trademarks, copyrights and trade secrets.
CONTRACT + SOP AUDIT
The only way to ensure that your contracts & SOPs are consistent and serve their intended purpose (instead of contradictory, vague or containing provisions that are outright harmful to your business) is to take an in-depth look at your business and documentation to determine what works, what needs to be changed, and what’s missing. Our Contract & SOP Audit does exactly this, and provides you with both a written report with action steps, as well as Loom video reviews containing our opinions and recommendations on the contracts we analyzed.
MARKETING COMPLIANCE REVIEW + ROADMAP
FTC regulations and consumer protection laws apply to all businesses engaging in any form of promotion – websites, online and offline advertising, sales pages, emails, and even social media. If you’re ramping up your advertising efforts, or are simply unsure whether your sales copy, use of testimonials, affiliate promotions, contests, sweepstakes, giveaways, influencer sponsorships or UGC deals meet all the applicable rules, this service is designed to give you clarity – and an actionable roadmap of compliance steps, change recommendations and checklist items for future campaigns created just for you.
Don’t see exactly what you need?
Don’t hesitate to get in touch. Custom legal solutions are our specialty.
Please note that while these templates were drafted by an attorney, purchasing the MSP Legal Starter Pack does not make Liz your attorney. There is no attorney-client relationship until a retainer agreement is mutually executed and any fees due up front are paid in full.